Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Smart Gilas vs Talk N Text / Should We Expect Another Rumble?

Smart Gilas will play Talk N Text today at 2:30 pm. Should we expect another rumble or is just one of those ordinary Philippine Basketball Association games where everyone plays hard and shakes hand after game? On this matter, I don't know but this I know referees will closely inspect Smart Gilas again.

The battle for PBA Pride is still ongoing and any team in the league that loses to the development team will be the butt of jokes of Gilas' fans and scorn by PBA supporters. I'm sure Talk N Text don't want to be the first professional squad to fall to Smart Gilas so it will be another hard-fought game and probably with the same intensity as a playoff match. A practice match between the sister clubs was stopped after a brawl ensued with four Talk N Text players ganging up on CJ Giles. I do hope it won't happen again as much as I like boxing it has no place in the basketball court. I like physical games not dirty ones.

If Smart Gilas defense doesn't improve Talk N Text guards like Jimmy Alapag, Mac Cardona, and Jason Castro will eat them alive. It will be fun to see the best point guard in Asia, Jimmy Alapag vs Andy Mark Barroca, touted by some to be the "Mighty Mouse" successor.

Smart Gilas's shooting disappointed me the last time as it was so POOR. (except Jvee Casio). They uncharacteristically missed so many open shots I can't believe it. The development team should be at its best against the DEFENDING Champions Talk N Text as the latter loves to score and plays like Gilas too (matching excellent ball movements and pick and roll plays).

The PBA said it will investigate what happened in the Burger King Smart Gilas match for possible lapses and I agree. I'm hoping they will release their findings soon.


Update 10 - 22 -09: Talk N Text destroyed Smart Gilas 103 - 70














Related Posts by Categories



No comments: