Monday, June 9, 2008

ORE WA OSEI-SAN SUKI DA

Rizal had a Japanese girlfriend Osei-san. However, the romance wasn’t meant to be. Heartbroken Rizal wrote the following about Osei-san:

Sayonara, sayonara! You will never come to know that I have thought of you again nor that your image lives in my memory; and nevertheless I always think of you. Your name lives in the sighs of my lips; your image accompanies and animates all my thoughts. When shall another divine afternoon like that in the temple of Megaro return? When will the sweet hours I spent with you return? When shall there be sweeter, more tranquil, more pleasant hours? You have the colors of the Camellia, its freshness, its elegance...Ah! The last descendant of a noble family, true to an unfortunate vengeance, you are beautiful like...everything is finished! Sayonara, sayonara!

Such despair, he really loved his kanojo very much and was terribly hurt about what happened. Osei-san must be one very special girl for our hero to lament like that.

I find these facts very interesting as it humanizes our hero. He is human too he loved and got hurt. Luckily for us, he wrote what he felt at that time. Rizal writes poetically even in times of agony.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: