Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"THE JOY AND LIGHTNING OF SHINING YOUTH"

No, I'm not talking about the experience of illegal drugs users.
This is the experience the writer of a drama described Beethoven's Violin Sonata No.5 in F Major. Yes, I have showed this piece before but I wasn't able to elaborate on it. It has four movements but I will talk about the first movement since I like it and this is one of the first classical pieces I really enjoyed. In this work, the power of the violin is masterfully displayed magnificently accompanied by the piano. One can appreciate violin more when listening to this (esp. to a classical music newbie like me). Beethoven's Violin Sonata No.5 in F Major or Spring is a cheerful piece that could lift me out of momentary sadness. It is rightfully called Spring - as if the sonata heralds the season's arrival after the harsh winter. In my opinion, this sonata is rock-like could be played with wild abandon (but shouldn't). The first version is a rock-like version as played by the character Mine in Nodame Cantabile (J-drama)- it's messy. The second version is how it is supposed to be played as Beethoven intended it to be.

ROCK-LIKE VERSION (SCUM OF THE PURISTS)

CLASSICAL VERSION 2

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: