Thursday, August 14, 2008

TO PAU GASOL


"I didn’t find it offensive, either. I guess some guys didn’t mind. To me I don’t want to be that way, I guess, to be doing that stuff"

“If you put it in the wrong context and put it with the wrong people or a different kind of people, you could take it that way,” he said. “But not with our group and not with our people. I would find that a wrong read.”

Pau Gasol defending his team's actions over the slit-eye commercial.

Source

Of course Pau you numb skull - you wouldn't get offended because you are not Chinese. But if the entire China suddenly shouts "VIVA CATALUNYA! VIVA ETA!" they wouldn't find anything wrong with it but I'm sure some of your countrymen would be offended. Its called perspective Pau have a little empathy. Oh yeah you are a Spaniard therefore you have none.

Funny just as the whole world is getting enlightened Spain is stuck in the Treaty of Tordesillas times when they think they own the planet.

Your defense of your actions reminded me of your "defense" in the NBA finals - weak and soft.
PAU GASOFT!

I first saw this guy playing against Tim Duncan and David Robinson back in 1999 I think. He fought the two centers courageously and I was impressed. He led his team then, the Memphis Grizzlies, to its first win against San Antonio - I'm not sure about the details but the game was memorable. Pau kept on challenging Tim and David singlehandedly, even getting a dunk on both on them - a rare occurrence really. From then on Pau became one of my favorite players but after this incident my respect for the guy just disappeared.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: