Thursday, July 17, 2008

ASK THE DUCK

Why is Po's father a duck? Ask his mother...

The Chinese artist who launched a sensational protest against Dreamworks' "Kung Fu Panda" has filed a lawsuit against the Hollywood studio asking for an apology.

Zhao Bandi, a painter and designer who features pandas in his works, brought the suit to the Chaoyang District People's Court in Beijing on Wednesday.

"I want Dreamworks to explain to me why the panda Po has green eyes," Zhao wrote on his blog. "A green eye is evil, and that's definitely not a Chinese panda." He also wanted an explanation as to why
Po's father is a duck instead of a panda.

Zhao questioned Dreamworks' intentions in making "Kung Fu Panda," and asked the court to order Dreamworks and the film's distributor, Paramount Pictures, to make an official apology via Chinese and American media.

The Beijing court will decide whether to accept the case this Friday, Zhao says.

"Kung Fu Panda" opened in China on June 20 to strong box office demand. But Zhao has been calling for a boycott of the film, saying it "exploits China's 'national treasure' and its martial arts."


SOURCE

My initial reaction BWAHAHAHAHAHA! How do you say "you are a joke" in Mandarin? That's what this article is - a huge joke. Ask the Duck why his son is a Panda. Beats me. I don't know the answer myself but I don't want to dwell on it since it is a freaking cartoon. This question is usually raised by kids in my country since adults are supposed to know better.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: