Monday, July 7, 2008

THIS JUAN'S FOR YOU

“One morning, a sightless bunny hopped down the trail -- and tripped over a large snake. He landed right on the snake’s twitching nose.”
“Sorry. Please excuse me,' said the bunny. 'I didn't mean to trip over you. But I'm blind and can't see.'
'That's perfectly all right,' replied the snake. 'To be sure, it was my fault. I didn't mean to trip you. But I'm blind too. And I didn't see you coming. By the way, what kind of animal are you?'
'Well, I really don't know,' said the rabbit. 'I've been blind since birth and I've never seen myself. Maybe you could examine me and find out.'
So the snake felt the rabbit all over and said: 'Well, you're soft, cuddly, and have long silky ears, with a fluffy tail and a twitchy nose. You must be a rabbit!'
'I can't thank you enough,” the rabbit replied. But by the way, what kind of animal are you?' The snake replied that he didn't know either. So, the bunny agreed to examine him and when he bunny finished, the snake asked: 'Well, what kind of an animal am I?'
The bunny replied: 'You're cold, you're slippery, and you haven't got any balls....You must be a politician.” For Full Story

Bwahaha...How true. That's Juan Mercado for you - his articles are always full of anecdotes, jokes, sometimes statistics and witty remarks. Besides, he covers stories other journalists find unsexy. He examines issues that are not fully covered by the dominant media like the shrinking Filipino kids and the rising crib deaths - in other countries these news items would be top stories. Sometimes I wonder why he is the only one who usually point these things out -what on earth are other commentators focusing on.


Related Posts by Categories



No comments: