Saturday, July 19, 2008

CHALLENGING THE LAW



The National Anthem sounds even better sang in my language. I look forward to the day when this version of the National Anthem is sung in our schools without the fear of getting arrested for violating the law. Don't believe me please see chapter 2 section 36 of Republic Act 8491. The National Anthem should be sung in the National Language (whatever it means and it doesn't exist). (The law is very discriminatory! I can't believe my country has that and no legislators from other non-Tagalog ethno linguistic groups raised a howl over this.)

So, technically this girl is violating the Flag and Heraldic Code of the Philippines. Singing the national anthem in my native tongue is a crime in this "democratic country". Long before there was the Republic; the Hiligaynon-speaking people were already here. Screw the law! What will the national government do? Arrest these people? NO WAY. It will create UPHEAVAL AND STIR REGIONAL SENTIMENT if it does that.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: